Braemar Yacht Services hosted a tour of superyacht facilities and leading specialist contractors in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, on November 23rd and 24th, hosted by Richard Franklin and Paul Saunders.
The group joining us on the tour included underwriters, claims handlers and lawyers specialising in the Superyacht market. The aim of the tour was to familiarise insurance industry professionals and lawyers with the repair capabilities available in Palma and to help them to understand some of the technical challenges and costs involved in Superyacht repairs.
This two day visit included meetings and presentations by leading Superyacht contractors in each of the key refit and repair specialisations including:
- E Tech Yachting – Superyacht electrical specialists
- Rolling Stock – Superyacht paint finishing specialists
- BM Composites – leaders in composite (carbon fibre, GRP) fabrication and repairs
- 3D Tech – naval architecture and design
- North Sails – world leaders in Superyacht sails
- Astilleros de Mallorca – integrated shipyard with the largest haulout facility in Palma
- Southern Spars and RSB/Rig Pro – leading mast and rigging specialist
- Modesty Yacht Carpentry – CNC manufacture of teak decks
Feedback about the tour from those who attended was excellent, highlighting the value obtained from seeing major ongoing repairs and refits and hearing directly from acknowledged experts in their technical fields.
Plans for 2018 include a springtime Braemar Yacht Services tour of shipyard facilities in Northern Europe.
Palma is a key Superyacht base in the Mediterranean, with unparalleled facilities and access to leading contractors, attracting a large number of Superyachts every year for refit and repair work. It is for this reason that Braemar Yacht Services has opened a local office in Palma, located in Astilleros de Mallorca shipyard. This allows us to provide a rapid and cost effective response to underwriters for Superyacht casualties and claims in Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca and Barcelona, covering key Superyacht facilities such as the STP and Astilleros de Mallorca shipyards in Palma and MB92 in Barcelona.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Braemar Yacht Services
Tel: +44 7970 606635
Email: [email protected]